Ecolab Sterbac - Benzalkonium Chloride
Ster-Bac is a liquid quaternary ammonium disinfectant
- Non Corrosive
- Non Flammable
- Easy to store
- Pleasant Odour
- Water Soluble
Chemical BAC is an Virucidal, Fungicidal & bactericidal
Promotes Quality Assurance
- Enhances finished product quality and shelf life when used in a total Ecolab product and professional services program.
- Versatile — ideal for deodorising, disinfecting and no-rinse sanitising.
- Broad spectrum of antimicrobial efficacy.
Saves Time and Labor:
- Convenient to use — easily proportioned through sprayers or injection meters.
Helps Reduce Cleaning Costs:
- Effectively controls moulds and odours.
- Noncorrosive at recommended use dilution.
- Sanitises at a high use dilution in warm water.
- Phosphate free formulation.
- Form - liquid
- Color - clear
- Odor - sweet
- Foam - high
- Wetting Ability - good
- Pounds per gallon — 8.29 (3.8 kg)
- pH 1.0% solution.- 7.9
- n-Alkyl (50% C14, 40% C12, 10% C16) dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride - 10.00% known as BAC, BKC
- Inert Ingredients: 90.00%
- Formula ingredients contain no Phosphorus.
For cautionary and first aid information, consult the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) or product label.
Ster-Bac is authorized by the U.S. Department of Agriculture for use in Federally inspected meat and poultry plants for use as a sanitizer for all surfaces not always requiring a rinse. Ster-Bac is also authorized as shell egg sanitizer at 1 oz./4 gallons of water. Eggs that have been sanitized with Ster-Bac should be subjected to a thorough potable water rinse only if they are to be immediately broken for use in the manufacture of egg products. At a concentration of 1 oz. per 5 gallons water (1.6 mL/L) (150 ppm active quaternary) Ster-Bac is authorized for use as a hand sanitizer.